Critical Perspectives in English: SOLD OUT
Literacy for All:
Teaching Creative Writing:
Please email if you would like to learn more about school-based professional learning projects in 2017 or 2018.
SAETA Refresher Course: Critical Perspectives in Stage 1 and 2 English: DOWNLOAD PowerPoint HERE.
Aligned to Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
Completing any of the first three workshops listed above will contribute 5 hours and 15 minutes of QTC Registered PD addressing 2.1.2; 2.5.2, 3.4.2, 6.2.2, 6.3.2, and 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining ProficientTeacher Accreditation in NSW.
What can you expect at a workshop:
- Small, personalised groups
- Highly engaging content and delivery with practical classroom applications based on current theory and research
- Opportunities to ask the hard questions and engage with other teachers
- Aligned to current curriculum, policy and teacher accreditation demands
- Beautiful food and great coffee/tea
- Web access to allow participants to download and use all materials on the day and back at school (wifi provided)
Previous workshop reviews:
- 'I just want to say thank you... It has been by far the most rewarding and insightful T&D that I have attended."
- 'Small group discussions, mixed with wider research, was an excellent way to engage everyone and explore new techniques in teaching novels.'
- 'This honestly felt more like a holiday where I learned a lot about creative writing, rather than a dull professional obligation...I picked up invaluable creative writing tips that I have already used to great success in the classroom.'
- 'Can quite honestly say it was the best PD event that I have ever attended.'
- 'I came away with so many ideas for my planning and I look forward to sharing them with colleagues.'
- 'The session definitely reignited my passion for film study and I came away with a more concrete idea of how to analyse films.'
- 'I honestly found the day to be perfect and it was beyond my expectations.'
- 'It has not only improved my teaching methods, but given me so many new ways to look at things and ideas in the classroom.'
- I really enjoyed the workshop ... It was informative, relaxed, intimate and it provided me with an EXCELLENT framework for analysing film.
Contact me or like WriteMe on Facebook to ensure you get notice when workshops are released.
SAETA Refresher Course Intertextuality: PowerPoint
SAETA Refresher Course Reading Australia: PowerPoint